2020/21 Walk Update
Following the news this week of the UK's roadmap out of lockdown, the K2B Committee would like to reaffirm that we plan to hold the postponed 2020 walk on the 18th September 2021. This will of course be subject to any guidelines at the time.
We plan to hold the Resolution Cup Challenge that was postponed in September 2020 prior to the full walk. This is currently planned to take place on the 8th May though may shift a little depending on Government guidelines as we reach May.
All walkers already registered for the 2020 walk will remain so and teams will remain as is. We'll be reviewing the current teams with coordinators after the Resolution Cup Challenge mid-year so if you're not already registered or are thinking that maybe after 18 months of practice it's time to upgrade to the full 40 miles, there's still plenty of opportunity.
Please see our updated FAQs for more infomation
The Walk Day In Case of Emergency (ICE) phone number has changed. It is now 0777 888 4020. The new number will be printed on lanyards and route cards.
Terms & Conditions for Charities & Community Organisations
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of the keswick2barrow.co.uk website and your relationship with the Keswick to Barrow (K2B) Walk Committee (also referred to as we or us). Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not register for or use the keswick2barrow.co.uk website. If you have any questions on these Terms and Conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use of the keswick2barrow.co.uk website
- The keswick2barrow.co.uk VCO account is provided for use by voluntary and community organisations (whether or not a registered charity) carrying out charitable activities (VCOs), subject to these Terms and Conditions. By registering a keswick2barrow.co.uk charity account you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You means the VCO being a company, partnership or any unincorporated organisation acting by its management committee.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete. We are not liable under any circumstances for data entered incorrectly by you.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your contact details
- You must ensure the content of your VCO account reflects the charitable activities you undertake and remains up to date and complete and accurate in all material respects. The information you provide on your VCO account may be used by the K2B Walk Committee or public to influence their decisions whether or not to make a sponsorship donation to you.
- It is entirely your responsibility and you must ensure it is truthful, decent, honest and legal. If you use any copyright material, you must ensure you have the consent of the copyright owner to use such material. If your pictures include children or vulnerable adults, you must ensure you have the appropriate permissions in writing for such material to be used. Your submission of such information constitutes a warranty that you have complied with the provisions of this clause 2.3 and that we are authorised to post such material on the keswick2barrow.co.uk website.
- We may correct typographical and grammatical errors and make minor adjustments to the content you submit to ensure a consistent look and feel of the keswick2barrow.co.uk website.
- By notification to email@example.com, you may, at any time, request your VCO page be taken offline by us. You may also request that all your details be deleted from our databases. We undertake to comply with such requests within a reasonable period of time.
- Donations and fees
- Registration and access to the keswick2barrow.co.uk website including your account and page is free.
- Registration with the keswick2barrow.co.uk website of your VCO details does not guarantee that the K2B Committee will make a donation to your charity. The K2B Committee will have absolute discretion as to whether or not it makes the donation to you and may refuse to make such payment if, amongst other things, you are no longer operating or you are not undertaking charitable activities you outlined in your ‘what you do’ statement.
- To the extent donations are made to you by the K2B Committee, you undertake they will only be used in accordance with charitable purposes and the ‘what you do statement made on the VCO account. If requested, by the K2B Walk Committee, you agree to provide reasonable details of how the funds raised via the Keswick to Barrow or Coniston to Barrow Walk were used by submitting an emailed report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The K2B Walk Committee distributes donations to charities and good causes by BACS transfer, except where a fundraising team specifically requests payment by cheque to their specified recipient organisation. Cheques that are not cashed by the recipient organisation within six months of being issued will be cancelled and forfeited. Cancelled cheques will not be re-issued.
- Password and security
- When you register a VCO account on the keswick2barrow.co.uk website, you will be given a password. In order to prevent fraud, you must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone outside your VCO. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you should notify us by contacting email@example.com immediately
- If the K2B Committee has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the keswick2barrow.co.uk website or your VCO account, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
- Intellectual property
- Apart from your content on your VCO page that you may use for any purpose you wish, the other content of the keswick2barrow.co.uk website (including other VCO's account's) is protected by copyright, trade marks, database right and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the other content of the keswick2barrow.co.uk website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the other materials or content on the keswick2barrow.co.uk website without written permission from us.
- Your use of the keswick2barrow.co.uk website
- You may not use the keswick2barrow.co.uk website or any other VCO page for any of the following purposes:
- disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws;
- transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or code of practice;
- interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the keswick2barrow.co.uk website; or
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by others' copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You will be responsible for our losses and costs resulting from your breach of this clause 6.
- You may not use the keswick2barrow.co.uk website or any other VCO page for any of the following purposes:
- Availability of the keswick2barrow.co.uk website
- Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we cannot guarantee that the services will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the keswick2barrow.co.uk website or your VCO page, you should report it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- Your access to the keswick2barrow.co.uk website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can.
- The K2B Walk Committee's right to suspend or cancel your registration
- We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions in particular the conditions set out at clauses 3.3 and 6
- You can cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing at email@example.com. If you do so, you must stop using the keswick2barrow.co.uk VCO account created by you.
- The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the keswick2barrow.co.uk website shall not affect either party's statutory rights or liabilities
- The Committee’s liability
- The keswick2barrow.co.uk website may reference content from other internet sites or resources, and whilst the K2B Walk Committee tries to ensure that material included on the keswick2barrow.co.uk website is correct, reputable and of high quality, it does not make any warranties or guarantees in relation to that content. If the K2B Walk Committee is informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the site we will attempt to correct the inaccuracies as soon as we reasonably can.
- If we are in breach of these Terms & Conditions, we will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both of us at the time you use the Keswick2barrow site. Our liability shall not in any event include business losses such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
- This clause 9 shall not limit or affect our liability resulting from something we do negligently which causes death or personal injury.
- We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow the proper operation of the keswick2barrow.co.uk website. Any changes will be notified via a suitable announcement on the keswick2barrow.co.uk website. The changes will apply to the use of the keswick2barrow.co.uk website after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms and Conditions you should not continue to use your keswick2barrow.co.uk VCO page. If you continue to use the keswick2barrow.co.uk website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the keswick2barrow.co.uk website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms and Conditions.
- Third party websites
- As a convenience and benefit to customers, the keswick2barrow.co.uk website includes links to other websites or material which are beyond its control. The K2B Committee is not responsible for content on any site outside the keswick2barrow.co.uk website.
- You hereby authorise and licence us to use the data contained in your account. Our authority under this clause shall immediately cease in the event you notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It may be necessary to take down your VCO account.
- Advertising and sponsorship
- Part of the keswick2barrow.co.uk website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the keswick2barrow.co.uk website complies with relevant laws and codes. We will not be responsible to you for any error or inaccuracy in advertising and sponsorship material.
- Applicable law
- These Terms and Conditions will be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
- International use
- We make no promise that materials on the keswick2barrow.co.uk website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the keswick2barrow.co.uk website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this site from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person or organisation. We may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and the Company chooses to ignore this, the K2B Walk Committee will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms and Conditions.
- The K2B Walk Committee shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- The keswick2barrow.co.uk website is owned and operated by:
Keswick to Barrow Walk Committee, c/o BAE Systems, Bridge Road, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA14 1AF.
If you have any queries regarding these Terms and Conditions, please contact email@example.com.