Individual registration is open. Take note of your Member ID and pass it on to your team coordinator.
Team registration opens 31st Jan. All team data in the system will be cleansed and coordinators able to set up new teams for this year.
2022 walk day is the May 7th
The Walk Day In Case of Emergency (ICE) phone number has changed. It is now 0777 888 4020. The new number will be printed on lanyards and route cards.
Walk Terms and Conditions
Please read the following Walk Terms and Conditions carefully as they are the terms on which the contract between you and the Keswick to Barrow Walk Committee (Organisers) will operate (the Agreement). They comprise the rules of entry into the Keswick to Barrow Walk (K2B) and the Coniston to Barrow Walk (C2B) (the Event).
- The Keswick to Barrow (K2B) and Coniston to Barrow (C2B) Walks are team events. The Organisers will not accept participants individually.
- Team-coordinators are responsible for ensuring that all members of their team are aware of the Walk Terms and Conditions before registering their team for the Event.
- All participants must have a verified Member ID before they can be entered in a team. Team Coordinators must not attempt to include unregistered team members in their team(s).
- The Walk Terms and Conditions are not negotiable, and ignorance of their existence or content will not be accepted as a justification for non-compliance.
- All Young People (those under the age of 16) when registering on the Keswick to Barrow website must request a Parent/Legal Guardian to submit a Consent Form to allow the Young Person to use a personal account on the site and for their data to be available in the public domain as described in the Privacy Statement. Without a Consent Form in place the young person will not be able to complete registration on the site and therefore be unable to participate on the K2B or C2B walks.
- ALL donations must be submitted to the Organisers. Payment can be made by cheque, BACS**, or online. DO NOT PAY IN CASH. The Organisers cannot be held responsible for any loss of donations paid in cash. **For any BACS payments please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the payment including your team number.
- Money donated online via the Keswick to Barrow website is non-refundable.
- The main objective of the Event is to raise funds to support charities and good causes within the Cumbria community. The event is non-profit making, and is not supported by substantial corporate sponsorship. The Organisers are only able to meet the Event’s community objectives and cover the Event’s costs by allocating part of the entry processing fees, plus a proportion of every team’s total donations (generally in the region of 33%) for these purposes, irrespective of the number of walkers in the team. The Organisers enable team co-ordinators to nominate charities and good causes (as a collective team nomination, subject to acceptance by the Organisers) to receive the remainder of the donation that they have raised.
- By participating in the Event you agree to follow the reasonable directions of the Organisers or their representatives and abide by the rules of the Event which shall be communicated to you from time to time.
- If you are unable to participate in the Event for any reason please notify your team co-ordinator immediately so that they can amend their team entry and allow your place to be allocated to another entrant.
- The Organisers reserve the right to refuse an application for Event participation at their discretion, and your participation in the Event may not be permitted if you have previously entered into the Event, and: a) then failed to turn up without adequate notification to the Organisers (unless this failure is subject to exceptional circumstances which have been explained to the satisfaction of the Organisers), or b) given donations directly to a charity or collection agency, such as JustGiving, or c) failed to return your walk timing tag.
- The Event will be timed via a Keswick to Barrow walk timing tag. These tags are expensive to replace and therefore, as a condition of entry, the Organisers reserve the right to charge participants £10 per timing tag if you lose or do not return this tag within 30 days of the Event.
- For safety reasons and primarily for identification, the Organisers strictly prohibit the swapping, sale or transfer of timing tags in the Event.
- If the Event is unable to take place due to unforeseen circumstances, the Organisers will endeavour to stage the Event at a later date, but if this is not possible the Organisers will be entitled to cancel the Event. In such circumstances, the Organisers will try to let you know, via your team co-ordinator, of the cancellation or delay. Information regarding any such cancellation or delay will also be communicated via the Event website at www.keswick2barrow.co.uk. In the circumstance of event cancellation, the Organisers will have no liability to you for any costs or expenses you may incur as a result of that cancellation. In the circumstance of a delay in the Event which is due to unforeseen circumstances beyond reasonable control, the Organisers will have no liability to you for any costs or expenses you may incur.
- The Organisers reserve the right to reduce the course distance or change the course in order to stage the event. Any change will be communicated to the participants on or before the Event day. Any decision or advice given by the Organisers is final.
- The Organisers reserve the right to terminate the walk early or to remove individual walkers from the Event, e.g. if the Organisers consider that the walk cannot be completed safely due to adverse weather conditions, or if they judge that an individual walker is unfit to complete the walk for health reasons.
- For the protection and safeguarding of walkers and volunteer marshals further down the route, there will be designated cut off times for checkpoints along the route. Walkers who reach the checkpoints after the cut off time will be stopped from completing the walk. This is non-negotiable. Transport will be provided to the finish.
- Only finishers of the K2B and C2B will receive a walk medal. Non-participants are NOT eligible for walk medals or trophies. Participants who start but do not finish, will be eligible to recieve an event t-shirt providing they have returned their timing tag.
- The finish is situated in the grounds of Hawcoat Park Sports Club, where there are extensive playing fields and a clubhouse containing a licensed bar. Anyone entering the club’s grounds must respect the club’s rules and obey the UK licensing laws. In particular, walk participants and supporters must not bring dogs or alcohol onto the site without prior permission from the club’s management, e.g. for guide dogs.
- By entering the Event you are giving the Organisers free use of your name, voice or picture in any broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or other medium, including the Event website and associated social media pages. Public pages may be found by internet search engines, please see the Privacy Statement for more information.
- Your name will be added to the Event mailing list so that the Organisers can send you information regarding the Event, including messages from the K2B Committee and event sponsors. We will provide your team co-ordinator with your full name, postal address, email address, and phone number. The Organisers may contact you regarding the Event by e-mail, phone, SMS text message, letter, and by any other appropriate means. See our Privacy Statement to find out what we do with personal information, and how we safeguard your privacy.
- Gift Aid raised will be collected by the organisers (the Keswick 2 Barrow Walk; registered charity number 1176475). This will be distributed as described in point 8 above.
- All donations made via text will be attributed to the K2B pool of charities. Texts are administrated by DONATE. Please see their website for more information about the SMS service.
- I declare that I will not compete in the K2B / C2B Walk unless I am medically fit on the day of the Event and that, in any circumstances, I will compete at my own risk.
- I agree to pay a non-refundable and non-transferrable entry processing fee to the Organisers, in order to confirm my place in a team.
- When taking part in the Event, I will carry my litter with me and/or will put it in the rubbish bags provided by the Organisers.
- I accept that the Organisers, the sponsors, the marshals, and the volunteers will not be liable for any loss, damage, claim, costs or expenses, demands, proceedings or damages of any nature whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential losses, which may arise in consequence of my participation in the Event, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I agree to raise a target donation of £80 (£40 for Under 17) (excluding Gift Aid). The donations money is payable by 15th July following the event completion, and will be paid to the Organisers and NOT directly to a charity nor an on-line collection agency (e.g. JustGiving).
- If during the walk I find myself unable to continue and I drop out I will contact the Incident Control Center as soon as possible and return my timing tag to the walk organisers.