Each team co-ordinator (or their nominated representative) should confirm team details, and collect route cards, timing tags and lanyards on the day before the walk. This final team registration takes place at Hawcoat Park Sports Club in Barrow. See EVENT INSTRUCTIONS for more information.
If you're visiting the area and looking for overnight accommodation, we generally recommend that you find a hotel or guest house in the area of Barrow-in-Furness, Dalton-in-Furness, or Ulverston. That way, you can catch one of our Happy Buses to the start, walk back to Barrow, and you're close to your accommodation. Note that we do not provide transport from the finish back to the start.
Try to have a relaxing Friday evening with a leisurely meal (not too much beer!) and a good night’s sleep – which is not always easy to achieve. Make sure your toenails are cut short. Sort out your bags into what you will carry, what to give your support crew, and what you will leave behind. Endeavour to be unflustered and at peace with yourself and the outside world.
What to wear on the walk
The walk is mostly on hard-surfaced paths and tarmac roads, so we recommend lightweight "running" gear (not walking boots and woolly jumpers), ie:
- Shorts or comfortable trousers
- An additional layer such as a sweatshirt or hoodie (to be worn or carried as necessary)
- Hi-viz vest, jacket or arm bands
What else to bring
Try to carry as little as possible, and arrange to meet up with your support team for changes of clothes, extra food, etc. We suggest that you consider carrying the following:
- Lightweight energy snacks
- Mobile phone (fully charged)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (it often rains in the Lake District)
- Suncream (the weather in the Lake District is very unpredictable)
- Blister plasters (not essential as first aid is provided on the route)
- Spare socks
- Talcum powder (to put on your feet when you change your socks)
- Vaseline (to put on places that rub)
- Any medicines that you may need
Before you set off
There is NO PARKING available for walkers or supporters at either the K2B or C2B starts. Please make sure that everything you need for the start is ready, as there is no opportunity to re-pack or get changed when you arrive. Check the K2B website to confirm that the event is running to plan, and check the weather forecast. This is especially important if the weather is bad, as late changes may be made to walk arrangements for health & safety reasons, etc.